Friday, December 11, 2015

Banning the lesser of the two evils

I think the FDA's proposal to completely ban vapor products is a bit extensive. Yes, as recent research has shown, there are harmful chemicals in vapor liquids as Fernando has stated but there are harmful chemicals in cigarettes also. Their proposal seems very discriminatory towards the vapor industry which causes suspicion. Taking the conversation down that path would hint at conspiracy and corruption but for the sake of this conversation, I'll just say I agree with my classmates that banning vapor products will do more harm than good.

I do casually smoke cigarettes and eventually want to quit. I also have many friends that used to smoke and they now use e-cigs to curb their addiction. If the FDA were to completely ban vapor products, I feel like that would really hinder our chances of quitting this bad habit that we all agree is both bad for us and at the same time incredibly addictive. In a negative way, they are banning the lesser of two evils.

Michael's Blog Post

No comments: